So I’m teaming up with BIRKS for Father’s day! We’re giving you chance to win a watch (for dad or for you) and it’s very simple!
Regardless of what your dad’s style is, there’s a watch that’s suitable. The BIRKS Revolution collection is the latest addition to BIRKS men’s watches and brings the perfect balance of style and functionality to your wrist with interchangeable wrist straps (from leather to stainless steel). You can see the full collection here.
So take a minute out of your day and you might be the lucky winner! The contest entry deadline is June 16th, 2016. Here’s a quick rundown of how you can win:
- HOW: Share an image of a BIRKS timepiece on Instagram that best fits your dad’s style (is he more sports enthusiast or urban trendsetter?) and tag @MaisonBirks and hashtag #BirksDad
- WHEN: Deadline for entry is Thurs., June 16 at 11:59PM (EDT)
- GIVEAWAY: One Birks Revolution timepiece (valued at $375) will be awarded
So what’re you waiting for? Good luck!
BIRKS #BirksDad CONTEST
- NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THIS CONTEST. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Participation in the Contest constitutes your full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements as set forth herein. The “Sponsor” of the Contest is Birks Group Inc., 1240 Square Phillips, Montreal, Qc, Canada H3B 3H4 (also referred to herein as “Birks”).
- ENTRY PERIOD – The Contest offer will be open online only at the Birks Instagram Page at https://instagram.com/maisonbirks/ from June 2nd, 2016 at 10:00AM (EDT) and ends on June 16th, 2016 at 11:59PM (EDT). Any reference to time in this document indicates Eastern Daylight Saving Time (EDT).
- ELIGIBILITY – The Contest is open to all residents of Canada, eighteen (18) years of age and above by the start date of this contest as identified above, with the exception of the employees, agents and/or representatives of the Sponsor, its distributors or affiliated companies, advertising agencies or any contributor to the Contest, as well as anyone with whom an employee, agent and/or representative is domiciled or any member of his or her immediate family. For these official rules, “immediate family” refers to the father, mother, brothers, sisters, children, husband, wife or partner of such an employee, agent and/or representative. In no event will Birks will provide transportation or accommodation to the Winner.
- By entering the Contest, each entrant accepts the terms and conditions of these Contest rules and regulations and agrees to be bound by them. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, municipal and local laws and regulations. The Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- HOW TO ENTER – To enter the Contest for a chance to win one (1) Birks timepiece (value of $375.00) each entrant must, by the entry deadline:
- Go online and log-on to Instagram;
- Chose and share one (1) photo out of three (3) timepiece images posted by Birks that would best fit your Dad’s style, tag @MaisonBirks and add the hashtag #Birksdad
- ODDS OF WINNING – Odds of winning are based on eligible number of entries received.
- SELECTING THE WINNER -There will be one (1) potential prize winner. A random draw will be held on June 17th, 2016 at 9:00AM at the offices of Birks, located at 1240 Phillips Square, Montreal, Quebec, H3B 3H4. The Winner will be announced on June 17th, 2016 at 2:00PM. The Winner will be informed via email or telephone.
- PRIZE – One (1) prize will be awarded. The prize is one (1) Birks Revolution timepiece valued at $375.00
- CLAIMING PRIZE – Only a properly-claimed prize will be awarded. As a condition of winning a prize, the Winner must complete any applicable forms required by a taxing authority or Sponsor (including correctly answering a mathematical skill-testing question) within forty eight (48) hours of receipt of prize notification. If any correspondence sent by the Sponsor or any prize sent by the Sponsor is returned as undeliverable, the corresponding prize will be forfeited and will be awarded to an alternate entrant. The Sponsor will mail the Prize to the Winner at the address provided to the Sponsor. If the Winner does not respond within forty eight (48) hours after the Sponsor’s first attempt to contact him or her, the corresponding prize will be forfeited and will be awarded to an alternate entrant. The Winner must meet the eligibility requirements set forth in these Official Rules. Should a Winner make any false statement(s) in any document, or not have the necessary legal rights to participate in this Contest, the Winner will be required to promptly return the prize to Sponsor. Any unclaimed prizes will be awarded in a random drawing to be held as necessary. In the event of a dispute of a Winner’s identity, the prize will be awarded to the established authorized account holder of the email address or social media account submitted as part of the entry to this Contest. Any Winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that such Winner is the authorized email address or social media account holder. Sponsor may determine, in its sole discretion, whether the proof provided is sufficient. The name of the Winner may be obtained by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org following the conclusion of the Entry Period.
- OWNERSHIP OF CONTEST ENTRIES – All Contest entries belong to Sponsor. Sponsor retains the right to use, edit, publish or repost the Contest entries in any media and for any purpose as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion and without having to seek permission from any Contest entrant.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY – By participating in the Contest, including accepting a prize, entrant agrees to release, hold harmless and agrees not to institute any claim against Sponsor and its parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising from or in connection with, either directly or indirectly, the awarding (including the determination of authorized account holders), acceptance, receipt, possession, use and/or misuse of any prize awarded herein. Upon delivery of a prize to a Winner, Sponsor will be deemed to have awarded the prize to such Winner with Winner assuming full responsibility for the prize. Entrant shall indemnify the Released Parties for any claim brought by a third party for the use and/or posting of any photograph or any material as part of this Contest including any privacy and infringement claims. Released Parties are not responsible for any technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communication malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the Contest, including any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer relating or resulting from participating in the Contest or downloading any materials in this Contest. Under no circumstances will entrants be permitted to obtain awards for any action or claim related to the Contest, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, in relation thereto and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. Governing Law and Jurisdiction: This Contest is exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Quebec and the laws of Canada applicable thereto. Each party hereto irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Quebec, District of Montreal, with respect to any matter arising hereunder or in relation to this contest.
- MISCELLANEOUS CONDITIONS – Sponsor is not responsible for any failure of any technical malfunction of any computer, on-line system, server, access provider, computer equipment, or software on account of traffic congestion on the internet or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from downloading any material related to the Contest, all of which may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Contest. If the Contest cannot be conducted as planned, for any reason, including, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the control of Sponsor, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest and select Winners from among the eligible entries prior to such cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Contest, or whom Sponsor believes to be causing malfunction, error, disruption or damage will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right to correct any typographical, printing, computer programming or operator errors. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Birks reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend part or all of this contest at any time without notice, if in Birks opinion there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the contest, or if virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or integrity and proper play of the contest or for any other reason in its sole discretion. In such event, Birks may void any entries they suspect are at issue and award the prize from among all non-suspect eligible entries received up to the date of cancellation. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR ANY ONLINE SERVICE RELATED TO THIS CONTEST OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, BIRKS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
- Birks’ failure to enforce any term of these Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. Birks reserves the right to disqualify entrants who violate the rules or interfere with this contest in any manner. If an entrant is disqualified, Birks reserves the right to terminate that entrant’s eligibility to participate in the contest. Any attempts by an individual to access any website associated with this contest via a bot script or other brute force attack or any other unauthorized means will result in the IP address becoming ineligible. Use of automated entry devices or programs is prohibited.
- Québec Residents – Notwithstanding the foregoing, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement. The parties hereto have requested that contest rules be drafted in the English language.